Attention iNEIS Users,
Please be informed that for the following academic year, schools are advised to review and update the following:
1. iNEIS Committee Structure
iNEISTM involves a number of user-roles and the amount of users assigned to each user-role would vary depending on the school’s Academic Career (Pre-school/Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form).
Since all iNEIS modules are integrated, it is recommended that committees be formed accordingly in schools to ensure:
- Workloads are balanced
- The necessary personnel are assigned their respective user roles
- There is communication between committees within the school
- Efficient and effective use of iNEIS™
We have created a standardized table for you to use as a reference or “Recommended iNEIS™ Committee structure” based on best practices of schools to assist you with operating iNEISTM more efficiently.
The recommended iNEIS™ Committee Structure can be downloaded HERE.
The iNEISTM Committee Structure defines the following:
- The different types of committees
- The modules, user roles and Tasks covered in each respective committee
- The Optimal number of personnel required for each committee based on Academic Career (Pre-school/Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form).
- Schools may allocate more teachers than the numbers suggested in the iNEIS™ Committee Structure file.
- The iNEIS Committee structure may not apply to certain schools due to their size. As such, it is possible to designate multiple user roles to an individual.
2. User-role Matrix
Once you have identified the necessary teachers and designated them to their respective committees, you will then need to ensure that they are all assigned the necessary user-roles in the system. Details of how to assign the necessary user roles to teachers are as per below.
- Please take note that the User-role matrix file with current role will be distributed by JSS. You can find the sample of the User-role matrix HERE.
- Certain user-roles provide access to different functions. For more information on user-roles and functions, please refer HERE.
- If unsure, you can identify your currently assigned “active” user-role by using query “MOE_USER_ROLES”.
- Once the relevant teachers and their designated user roles have been identified, please proceed to fill up the User-Role Matrix along with the necessary information and the steps on updating the file are as follows:
- Put a tick and update cell color as "Green" for new roles added.
- Update cell color as "Red" for roles to be removed.
- Update “Remarks from School” column for the teacher if applicable for e.g. Transfer to SR Binturan as of 01/01/2020 or Retired as of 01/12/2019
- Once completed, please email the updated user-role matrix to Helpdesk with the following details:
Email To: email@example.com
Subject Title: iNEIS: Cluster #_School Code _URM_2020
e.g. – iNEIS: Cluster 1_1005_URM_2020
File Naming Convention: Cluster #_School Code_URM_2020
e.g. – Cluster 1_1005_URM_2020
Kindly email your updated user-role matrix no later than 30th November 2019. Thank you for your attention on this matter.
For further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact iNEIS™ Helpdesk team at
Tel No: +673-2230635 or
Thank you for your attention on this matter.